Know your customers and your sales will follow
Constantly asking yourself which marketing tactics you should use?
Whether you should blog, use direct mail, advertise in the press or focus on SEO and PPC, then you probably need to go back a step and get to know your customers better.
The secret of excellent marketing planning is customer research. Understand your customers well and you will be best equipped to make the decision as to where and how you need to promote your business.
How to gather customer research
- Look at what’s already published
- Trade magazines
- Read and engage in online discussions and forums
- Ask them –survey face to face, telephone or email / arrange a focus group
- Networking groups
- Membership organisations
What you need to find out:
- What they buy, how they buy, seasonality, who is the decision-maker, influencing factors, purchasing process
- Which newspapers, magazines, websites & forums they use
- Where they go for additional information when researching your product or service
- Networking groups they attend & associations they are members of
- What is their big problem that they’re trying to solve?
The market research process will generate sales opportunities too so go for it!
Key takeaways from Brighton SEO Brighton SEO is a twice-yearly search marketing conference that brings 4,000 SEOs from 40 different countries to listen to some of the world’s top search marketers discuss the future of the industry. I've been to four or five Brighton...
Are you optimising your website for voice search? Now that one fifth of all searches are using voice search, it's probably time you did. People are talking to Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana, Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant. Voice search is used on the go, with...
Did you know there is funding available from Adur & Worthing Councils, in partnership with Adur and Worthing Business Partnership, in the form of the Small Business Growth Grant to support the delivery of a new website or digital marketing campaign? How much is...
Request your FREE website & digital marketing review
A no-obligation assessment of your website SEO & marketing with recommendations for improvement