Know your customers and your sales will follow
Constantly asking yourself which marketing tactics you should use?
Whether you should blog, use direct mail, advertise in the press or focus on SEO and PPC, then you probably need to go back a step and get to know your customers better.
The secret of excellent marketing planning is customer research. Understand your customers well and you will be best equipped to make the decision as to where and how you need to promote your business.
How to gather customer research
- Look at what’s already published
- Trade magazines
- Read and engage in online discussions and forums
- Ask them –survey face to face, telephone or email / arrange a focus group
- Networking groups
- Membership organisations
What you need to find out:
- What they buy, how they buy, seasonality, who is the decision-maker, influencing factors, purchasing process
- Which newspapers, magazines, websites & forums they use
- Where they go for additional information when researching your product or service
- Networking groups they attend & associations they are members of
- What is their big problem that they’re trying to solve?
The market research process will generate sales opportunities too so go for it!
Any online marketing campaign, whether it’s social media, PPC or content marketing needs to begin with competitor analysis to gain an overview of the type of activity and...
Want to be in the top spot on Google? You’ve come to the right place. Achieving the holy grail of Google position 1 is no longer the job of an SEO specialist alone. It...
Do you think your website needs improving? Designing an effective website is easier said than done so there could be many things wrong with it. Without further ado, let’s dive...
Speak to Jelly Digital Marketing now to see how we can help you business grow