Know your customers and your sales will follow
Constantly asking yourself which marketing tactics you should use?
Whether you should blog, use direct mail, advertise in the press or focus on SEO and PPC, then you probably need to go back a step and get to know your customers better.
The secret of excellent marketing planning is customer research. Understand your customers well and you will be best equipped to make the decision as to where and how you need to promote your business.
How to gather customer research
- Look at what’s already published
- Trade magazines
- Read and engage in online discussions and forums
- Ask them –survey face to face, telephone or email / arrange a focus group
- Networking groups
- Membership organisations
What you need to find out:
- What they buy, how they buy, seasonality, who is the decision-maker, influencing factors, purchasing process
- Which newspapers, magazines, websites & forums they use
- Where they go for additional information when researching your product or service
- Networking groups they attend & associations they are members of
- What is their big problem that they’re trying to solve?
The market research process will generate sales opportunities too so go for it!
Did you know there is funding available from Adur & Worthing Councils, in partnership with Adur and Worthing Business Partnership, in the form of the Small Business Growth Grant to support the delivery of a new website or digital marketing campaign? How much is...
Warwick Baker estate agents is a family firm with over 100 years of experience within Shoreham by Sea, Lancing, Worthing and surrounding areas. With many years of expertise in providing advice in relation to the sale of commercial, residential and mixed use...
Blogs. What's the point? What on earth do you write about and how often should they be posted? Having a blog, news, insight, knowledge hub or whatever you choose to call it, is hugely important for SEO in 2019! https://youtu.be/ZPJdvnnvu6g When I talk about...
Request your FREE website & digital marketing review
A no-obligation assessment of your website SEO & marketing with recommendations for improvement